We offer peer tutoring for the following courses:
Peer Tutoring is a unique opportunity for students to have one-on-one instruction and feedback from a peer who has already taken the course.
Our peer tutors have taken these courses and done well in them; they are also trained to help clients learn the ways and habits of successful students. Students taking these courses can come in for an individual or small group tutoring experience that will focus on:
- Improved understanding of key course concepts
- Guided help on practice problems, not homework problems
- Focus on review of specific topics
- Revision of chapter sections or feedback on lab reports and project assignments
- Guided review sessions for quizzes, exams, or finals
Students who visit the ASC for peer tutoring can expect tutors to:
- Know and understand key concepts of the course(s) they tutor for
- Share resources for further help/study
- Encourage and support your learning through helpful study tips and time management advice
When booking an appointment at the ASC for peer tutoring, students should keep the following in mind:
Tutoring is designed to help you become more independent. Tutoring helps with understanding concepts, but it also helps with gaining confidence and a growth mindset.
Your tutor will help you help yourself!
Be willing to take risks with your learning and ask questions. Take advantage of the time by being prepared to focus on areas that are difficult to understand or that you need to review for the next class.
Be courteous and keep your appointments.
Visit our FAQ page for answers to common questions about our services.